Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shah Rukh wants to perform in CWG opening ceremony


The controversy-marred build-up notwithstanding, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan on Sunday said next year's Commonwealth Games here would be successful and expressed his desire to perform at the event's opening ceremony.

"God willing, I think India will hold a successful Commonwealth Games. I am confident about that," Khan told reporters on the sidelines of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon.

Khan said he would love to perform during the opening ceremony of the event at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium and would also come to watch some of the sporting events.

"I would love to perform (in the opening ceremony). It really sounds great. I will come during CWG. Get ready Dilliwalo," he said amid loud cheers from fans.

Khan said it was heartening to see such a large number of people braving the early morning chill to participate in the half marathon.

"I love you Delhiites, you were wonderful and I am overwhelmed," he said.

Khan also urged regular organisation of half marathons in other parts of the country to promote sports and said health permitting, he would participate in next year's half marathon.

"I have never participated in a marathon, but I would definitely love to do so. When I'll feel fit, then I'll come," Khan said.

"Sports is most important after education and we should promote it to the highest level. I love sports and want such events to be organised regularly. During my school days, I was very active in sports," he said.

Another Bollywood actor Rahul Bose said with every passing year, Delhi half marathon is getting bigger.

"This marathon has established itself as a brand and that is recognisable. Through this concept, you are also helping deprived and disadvantaged people of the society in a novel way," Bose said.

No comments:

 


back to top