Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Athletics: Tommo off to Delhi

Long jumper Chris Tomlinson plans to compete at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in October.
The England team are not set to make their final decision on their participation in the Games until October due to reports of security concerns.
Paula Radcliffe and Jessica Ennis have already announced they will not take part, but due to sporting reasons rather than security worries.

However Tomlinson, whose British record was beaten by one centimetre with a jump of 8.30metres by Greg Rutherford at last year's World Championships in Berlin, has every intention of going to India.
Fully focused

"Yes, I would definitely like to be competing in the Commonwealth Games," he said. "I am fully focused on going to the Commonwealth Games.

"Equally, I am aware if I am going to do that I've got to make sure I don't tire myself out at the early stages of the season.

"The season is a bit more of a marathon than a sprint and I'll ease my way into competition."

Christine Ohuruogu had announced on Tuesday that she would be defending her Commonwealth 400m title in Delhi.

No comments:

 


back to top