Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kalmadi: I've no time for HI job

IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi said that he simply doesn't have the time or interest for the Hockey India job.

Rubbishing former captain Pargat Singh's allegation that he is hell bent on becoming the Hockey India president, Kalmadi on Sunday said he is so pre-occupied with this year's Commonwealth Games that he simply doesn't have the time or interest for the job.

Pargat pans 'sports mafia' Kalmadi

"I am the President of the Indian Olympic Association and Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Commonwealth Games, which keeps me fully occupied. I have no time or interest in taking over hockey," Kalmadi said in a statement.

Earlier in the day, Pargat lashed out at Kalmadi, calling him a "Sports Mafia" and claiming his men had tried to negotiate an under-table deal with Hockey Punjab, of which Pargat is the secretary, to grant them affiliation provided they supported Kalmadi for the HI top job.

Kalmadi dismissed the claim and said, "I have a national duty to perform -- to ensure that the Commonwealth Games are conducted successfully.

"I'm also responsible for the smooth conduct of the upcoming Hockey World Cup being staged by IOA and FIH of which I'm the joint chairperson of the Governing Board," Kalmadi added.

Rubbishing allegations of dilly-dallying with Punjab's affiliation, Kalmadi said, "I understand that Hockey Punjab was given affiliation within one day after submission of all their documents.

No comments:

 


back to top