Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mitcham on track for glory in Delhi

Matthew Mitcham declared himself on track for this year's Delhi Commonwealth Games following his comfortable victory in the 10m platform at the national diving championships on Saturday in Sydney.

The reigning Olympic gold medallist in the event finished with a tally of 505.60 points ahead of Queensland's Ethan Warren (447.55) and 14-year-old Victorian James Connor (403.65).

"I was really happy with my form today after my "no dive" yesterday," said Mitcham.

"I am on track with my goals and making the Commonwealth Games team this year."

Meanwhile Sharleen Stratton (381.90) chalked up her 11th national springboard title in the 3m ahead of fellow Olympian Bree Cole (350.10).

"I was so pleased to get this one" said Stratton.

"The field was very strong and I had to really keep focussed throughout to ensure I hit every dive."

No comments:

 


back to top