Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sania Mirza focussed on Commonwealth Games

Indian tennis sensation Sania Mirza, who is out with a troublesome wrist, is confident of playing in the Commonwealth Games, beginning October 3 in New Delhi.

The Times of India has reported that Sania, who complained of an old wrist problem during her first round loss in Dubai Tennis Championships last month, will be out of action for six weeks.

"I will surely play Commonwealth Games and I am preparing for it. But for the next six weeks I would not be able to play and practice due to my injury. Let me recover from my injury, then I will start playing," said Sania while attending a press meet in Kolkata.

Sania was in town to inaugurate a tennis academy in Pailan World School here.

Sania also congratulated the Indian hockey team for their fabulous performance in the opening match of the Hockey World Cup.

"The hockey team has done a fantastic job. I saw the first half of Indian and Pakistan hockey match and it was really exciting," she said.

No comments:

 


back to top