Saturday, September 4, 2010

CWG: No security issues for champions

Britain's world diving champion Tom Daley says he has no security fears ahead of Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi next month.

The 16-year-old Daley will be one of England's most high-profile participants and believes the England team's security plans will ensure his safety and that the necessary arrangements have been made.

“I’m not really too worried about security, to be honest, because I know that I’m going to be able to trust Team England. I also know that I’m going to be able to trust the organisers of the Games to provide adequate Village security,” he told the Daily Telegraph.

Similarly, in Sydney, Australia's triple Olympic Leisel Jones said on Friday she has no security or health concerns she has no security or health concerns about competing at Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi next month.

“India's going to be a great country, it's going to be full of colour, people go there on holiday all the time and really enjoy it and I think we're going to have a really great time,” Australian media reported Jones as saying at the unveiling of the team's formal uniform in Melbourne. “I think it is going to put on a great show, with great colours and awesome food.”

She further added that was satisfied with the security information provided by Australian government and team officials.

No comments:

 


back to top